We love camping for many reasons, but just to name a few:
- The kids get unplugged from electronics to be kids: to ride bikes and scooters, to make new friends, and play on the playground, to catch frogs, and lightning bugs.
- Our quiet early morning walks, and late night ride thru the camp rd to look at all the tacky lights (we call our camp ‘Tacky Jacks’😉).
- The constant stream of kids and families eating and playing, and spending time together.
- The walks to the bath house.😂
- The chance to pour into nieces’ and nephews’ lives, and make their day just by riding bikes with them around ‘the loop’ and hear them say, “it’s fun going down hill”!!!
- I love to see their eyes light up and smiles break out after announcing: homemade ice cream! There are so many moments of the ‘little things’!
- Watching for Pop to get up so we can have a early morning cup of coffee together. ☕️☕️
- Realizing how much “stuff” we can do without, and promising myself to declutter as soon as I return home!
- Reconnecting with each other and loosing track of time! Actually having to think before answering the question of “what’s today?”!👣🐾
- Going into my mom’s camper anytime I want, to see her beautiful smile because I did! And thanking God above for that precious lady in my life!!💞
- I know that we are building into our kiddos the same things our parents gave us: strong family ties. As we show them, that we care for our old, and our young! That we are to give and not just take!
So on this Memorial Day, May30, 2016 to all our Veterans who have served and especially to the ones who gave it all, we say THANK YOU for your sacrifice, so we have a chance to enjoy all “the little things”!!!